Theme workshops for your clients
Do you have a pilates studio or are you a manual therapist? And would you like to...
offer your clients a bit more than what is possible to cover in a class or during a treatment?
give your clients the opportunity to learn how our body is designed and how to move more efficiently?
help them understand how to prevent injuries or recover from them?
Why not offer
- a 2 or 3 hour workshop or
- 75 minutes training event
about a specific area of the body.
This I would like to contribute to with my workshop series
Get to know your body better ...
The goal of the workshops 'How to understand you body better - ... (insert your topic)' is to give your clients some
help to help themselves - create an awareness of how much they themselves can do in their daily life.
knowledge of the anatomy to create more body understanding of the body's design - delivered in an easy to understand way.
inspiration for exercises, which they can easily do at home.
The topics to choose from are
- shoulder girdle
- fascia and self-massage with small soft balls
or a combination of them.
During the workshop ...
- we will go through the anatomy of the body area in a visual and easy to understand way - a little bit of theory is always helpful for further understanding.
- I will show various exercises based on pilates, The Franklin Method or fascia training.
- the participants will do the exercises.
- the participants will reflect on what they each take away from the workshop.
Move with ease & joy
My name is Birthe Brosolat and I have been teaching movement for more than 35 years, first gymnastics, ballet and modern dance and since 2008 pilates.
I am certified from Body Control Pilates in London in matwork and studio equipment on all levels. I am also part of the Body Control Pilates’ teacher trainer team in Scandinavia.
Furthermore, I am a certified Franklin Method Movement Educator. In Denmark, I am the only person out of 2 which are qualified in the method.
In my classes, I focus on creating awareness about how
- we move, and if necessary, changing the way we move.
- how our body is designed & how the body and the mind communicate
- how our thoughts influence how we move.
The goal is to have a flexible mind in a flexible body throughout your life experiencing movement as a joyful activity.
I like to combine my knowledge of pilates and The Franklin Method with insights from other methods & disciplines, e.g. fascia training and neuro science. I shares those insights in workshops, courses, classes and privates both in Denmark and abroad in an easy to understand language.
Do you want to know more about me? You can take a look here.
This is how it works ...
We agree on
- a specific topic and on the framework of the workshop (e.g. where and how many participants)
- date and time.
I will send you an email in which I outline all the terms and conditions for the workshop, amongst other who is responsible for what. This email will be our 'contract'. Once you have confirmed the content of the email, I will send you a description of the workshop and of myself which you can use in marketing the workshop.
I know that 'contract' sounds very formal and technical. In my experience, however, it is very useful that we both are on the same page with what we have agreed on before the workshops in order to avoid any surprises.
What is the venue of the workshop?
The venue will be your studio.
The number of participants will depend on the size of you studio.
What does workshop cost?
The final price depends on how long the workshop is and what exactly it is about.
In general, the following is included in the price:
- I will arrive at the venue 30 minutes before the course/workshop to prepare the room. I will stay 15 minutes after the course/workshop for questions while I pack up.
- Description of the workshop and images for your marketing purposes
- Description of myself and image
The following is not included in the price:
- Transport to/from the location (by flight, train or/and car/cab) and accommodation (I arrive the day before and usually leave after the workshop is done, if possible)
- Any cancellation fees in connection with early bookings of transport and accommodation (I strive to book transport & accommodation as early as possible to get a good price, but these often come with a cancellation fee)
- Notebook/pen for note-taking
- Preparing or cleaning up after any catering you may want to provide before/under/after the workshop/course
- Preparing the studio/making it presentable or cleaning it either before or/and after the workshop/course
- Course notes.
Workshop material and props/mats
You are responsible for mats and any props we might need.
In general, the participants will not get any course notes. I will bring large flip-over charts and the participants are welcome to take pictures of those.
If you like, we can agree that I create written material for the workshop. This could be e.g. a workshop poster to be used for announcing the workshop. Or it could be a workshop handout with exercises. I will invoice these separately.
I teach either in Danish or English.